What is hypoallergenic dietAnyone Can Beat Middle-Age Spread. Read more ... »?
Hypoallergenic diet eliminates food that contains identified allergens. Allergens are substance causing allergy.
The diet depends of the person’s sensitivity. Reaction to a certain food may vary from person to person so bare in mind that this does not apply to everyone.
Here are some tips on this diet:
- Avoid the following foods know to be allergenic
- Certain fishes as smoked fishFood for the Brain Food for a Healthy Life. Read more ... » (tinapa), baby tuna (tulingan), yellow-fin tuna fish (tambakol) and shellfish.
- Milk, eggs, and chocolates
- Pineapple, eggplant and citrus fruits (based on some reports)
- Include vegetable dish at least twice a day
- Remember that not all allergies are food-related. Have an allergy diary to help your doctor identify allergens.
- Read labels for hidden allergens.
- Be careful not to be over-restrictive. You may end up malnourished due nutrient deficient.
- Avoid coffee, tea, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water between meals.
- Have enough rest and sleep.
- Consult an allergist.
It has been observed that vegetables rank the least possible allergen sources.
To make your own allergy diary, use the following tips:
- List down when and where allergic reaction take place
- What allergic reaction take place
- What foods and drinks are taken
- What activities are engaged in at the onset of allergy
These pieces of information will help your doctor’s diagnosis easier.